Say “aloe” to the “plant of immortality,” as it was called in ancient Egypt! Aloe Vera has been used for centuries to treat skin concerns and other ailments. The succulent is a wonder plant for your skin, packing perks that range from reducing inflammation and fighting breakouts to delivering an awesome antioxidant boost for that perfect glow. Learn about why you should add Aloe Vera to your skincare regimen today!
As a plant-powered skincare brand, we never use chemical product fillers such as potentially toxic PEGs (polyethylene glycol) and PPGs (polypropylene glycol). While chemical fillers are less expensive, they have no real nutritional value and offer no benefits to your skin’s health and your well-being. Other common fillers are alcohol and unpurified water. We opt for sustainable Cold-Pressed Aloe Vera Gel, which we use as the base for most of our products. It is more expensive than chemical fillers or alcohols, but the benefits speak for themselves. While Aloe Vera is probably best known for its use to treat sunburns, its benefits reach far beyond that. We also love that it is a sustainable plant that needs less water to cultivate than other crops!
Here are 5 Benefits of Using Aloe Vera in Your Skincare Routine
Aloe Vera is non-clogging and — obviously — non-toxic. This magic ingredient truly can do wonders for your skin. According to the Mayo Clinic, aloe gel might be more effective in alleviating acne than using a topical prescription alone.
- INSTANTLY CALMING: Aloe Vera calms the skin instantly, bringing down heat and inflammation.
- NOURISHING HYDRATION: It acts as a lightweight, nourishing moisturizer, especially helpful in extreme temperatures. With Aloe Vera, you will always feel hydrated without feeling like you have something heavy or clogging on your skin.
- ANTI-ACNE: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, Aloe Vera is perfect to use as a treatment for bumps and breakouts.
- ANTI-AGING: Aloe Vera contains a bounty of antioxidants like beta carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin E, which help improve your skin's natural firmness.
- PERFECT PENETRATION: Aloe Vera acts as a carrier that assists other ingredients in our skincare to penetrate more effectively into your skin.
Add These Aloe Vera Products to Your Skincare Regimen Today!
If there is one thing you should add more of to your skincare routine today, it’s products that contain ample amounts of Aloe. We use Aloe Vera in almost all our creations, from our moisturizers and serums to our cleansers and masques!
Green Tea Superfood Facial Bar
Serums and Moisturizer:
Be Nourished – Age Defying Moisturizer
Be Divine – Age Defy Toner
Be Clean – Detoxifying Toner
Magic Matcha – Green Tea Superfood Masque
Sipping Pretty: Drink Some Organic Aloe Vera Juice
This superfood is also an incredible option to add to your diet to boost your overall health and well-being. Low in calories, organic Aloe Vera Juice contains more vitamins and minerals — such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, folic acid, beta carotene, magnesium, and calcium — in a cold-pressed process. A great source of antioxidants, it helps to fight free radicals and lowers oxidative stress on your body. This may protect you against developing chronic conditions like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, the consumption of aloe can also promote weight loss and help alleviate symptoms of hepatitis and inflammatory bowel disease. Shop for pure, organic Aloe Vera Juice in health food stores and most supermarkets. Best taken in small amounts.
- Tags: aloe vera, aloe vera acne, aloe vera anti ageing, aloe vera anti aging, aloe vera skincare, jenette skincare, natural skincare, organic skincare