If you are motivated to use all natural skincare you probably know about the main toxic ingredients you want to avoid. These ingredients are used as fillers and stabilizers in many skincare products, even in products created by brands that use botanicals!
These ingredients are not as harmful as parabens, however, they are toxic and should be avoided. Filler ingredients are called PEGs (polyethylene glycol) and PPGs (polypropolene glycol). Other fillers are alcohol and unpurified water. Chemical fillers are less expensive but have no real nutritional value and offer no benefits to your skin’s health and your well-being.
Instead of using these chemical skincare product fillers I use a sustainable Aloe Vera Gel as the base of most of my products. It is more expensive than chemical fillers or alcohols, but the benefits speak for themselves. Aloe Vera has been used for healing many skin concerns for ages; the Egyptians called Aloe Vera the “plant of immortality.”
While Aloe Vera is probably best known for its use against sunburns I know its benefits reach far beyond that.
Here are 5 benefits of using Aloe Vera in your skincare:
- It is instantly calming, Aloe Vera brings down heat and inflammation;
- It acts as a light weight, nourishing moisturizer, especially helpful in extreme temperatures. With Aloe you will always feel hydrated without feeling like you have something heavy or clogging on your skin;
- Anti-Acne; due to its anti-inflammatory properties it is perfect to use as an anti-acne treatment;
- Anti-Aging; Aloe Vera contains many antioxidants including: beta carotene, vitamin C and E that help improve the skin's natural firmness;
- Aloe Vera acts as a carrier that assists other ingredients in our skincare to penetrate more effectively into your skin.
Why is it so important to add Aloe Vera to your skincare routine?
Apart from these long term benefits, Aloe Vera is non clogging and obviously non-toxic. This magic ingredient can do wonders for your skin!! If there is one thing you should add more of to your skincare routine today, it’s products that contains ample volumes of Aloe.
I use Aloe Vera in almost all of my products, from my moisturizers and serums to my cleansers and masques!
Serums and moisturizer:
Be Calm - Brightening C Serum
- Potion No.1 - Age Defying Serum
- Potion No.2 - Age Defying Serum
- Be Nourished - Apple Stem Cell Moisturizer
- Tags: aloe vera, aloe vera acne, aloe vera anti ageing, aloe vera anti aging, aloe vera skincare, jenette skincare, natural skincare, organic skincare