Wondering what to do with our shipping materials after you’ve unpacked your products? Or wondering how you should properly recycle our product bottles once empty?
When it comes to preventing waste, it’s always best to reuse things whenever possible. While we’re proud of our efforts to improve the sustainability of our products’ packaging and shipping materials, we recognize that we still have a bit more work to do. As we research how to best implement these improvements, please follow the steps below on how to properly and safely recycle and dispose of our current materials.
The more we all commit to sustainable practices, the faster we can help stop the climate crisis. In love and gratitude to Mother Earth!
Best practices for recycling our shipping materials. Please follow the steps.
- If you received your products in a protective envelope, our new eco-friendly envelopes are 100% recyclable. However, we encourage you to reuse them first!
- If you received your products in a cardboard box, please peel off all packaging tape and discard in trash. (Unless your city excepts recycle with labels attached.) The cardboard box is 100% recyclable.
- Any tissue paper that was used to wrap your products in, can be either composted or recycled. Again, it all depends on your local area guidelines.
- If you receive any additional packaging such brown paper... The brown paper can definitely be recycled.
- All of our bottles and jars have an eco-friendly shrink band applied which is fully compostable!
- If you received your products in one of our eco-friendly designer boxes, please reuse the dried herbs and flowers sprinkled in the box... they can make a nice pot of tea or potpourri.
- All of our glass bottles and jars are 100% recyclable. (* Note - Depending on your local recycle center you have to first peel off the label and discard in trash.)
- Make sure the glass is 100% clean of any residue and 100% dry before recycling.
- Most recycle centers will recycle our plastic screw tops, but may not recycle other accessories like droppers or spray tops. Please check with your local recycle center for guidelines. Or use services like Terracycle for these special plastic accessories.
- Our boxes and soap boxes are both 100% recyclable.